Monday, March 21, 2016

Year Three: Week Seven: It's TIME!

A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.
Salt from My Attic (1928) ~ John A. Shedd

We have had some beautiful weather! It has been so nice to get outside with my sidekick and our pups and enjoy the sunshine. After my week away for my own school, we had to catch up and get back into routine. I just want to praise my mom for a minute; without her, we never would have survived our week apart. :)

We got to have some fun exploring (and eating) before our Mimi headed home. 

 Like I said, we got some gorgeous weather! We walked to many parks in the past couple of weeks. 


 When I asked my sidekick what he wanted to learn about, he asked to learn to tell time. So here we are! There is only so much you can do with time, so I did the best I could! We also have a flashcard pack (Like $1-$3 from Target!) that has both analog and digital clocks on the cards for extra practice. Sidekick got it down in days and now tells me the time everywhere we go. 

Yeah, so I spent some time texting with my kid while I was at school.... 

 20 books read, y'all! That's what this face means!

 I was going to wait for the dentist until after our move but, then I didn't. Sidekick did great and we are looking forward to finding our new dentists in our new town. 

 This would be our album cover...if we could sing... 
But no, we are just enjoying more sunshine! 

 He just makes me so happy. I was here at the computer and I heard him banging stuff around behind me. I kept an eye on him without him seeing me and this was the result. I love that our busy boxes still work and get put to good use!

 He set up a breakfast date for us. Be still my heart!

He's had a bit of an independent streak. Every now and then, I'll get him a Lunchables and do his own thing for lunch. This was him, giving me all the directions as he made his pizzas. He's getting so big!

Alrighty! That's all for now. We've got more in the works! See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment