Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Year Four: Last Call for 2016!

"Do not let your grand ambitions stand in the way of small but meaningful accomplishments."
-Bryant McGill

Ok, let's be real. I have had a lot going on and it's time for a quick game of catch-up before the holiday madness truly begins. So, here you are: 


Another Halloween, another Mario character. This year, he went for the villain side! After talking him out of Wario (plastic fat suit costume was a little much), Sidekick settled on Waluigi and he pulled it off pretty perfectly!
{insert evil Waluigi laugh here}

 Sidekick is officially SIX. He took on his age much more graciously this year, insisting he was a "big six". Standing at 4 foot 2 inches, there isn't much smallness left in my baby. 

One of his birthday presents was a science kit. He is still enjoying working on experiments. 

 We had two Thanksgivings this year and I somehow managed to not get a single picture during either events. So, here's a throwback to when Sidekick was less than a month old and we still cooked Thanksgiving. 
{I recall nothing...}

**ONTO CHRISTMAS!**

 I posted on my Instagram how I wanted to be like the "cool moms" that do all the fun advent outings and events. But man, I just can't. I can however buy a $3 advent activity calendar from Target and use it as part of our daily school activities! 

 Sweet boy wrote his own Christmas list to Santa this year. I am so proud of how far he has come with his handwriting, it is not our favorite subject to work on but he continues to progress and work hard.

 What would Christmas be without a gingerbread village? 
Designed by the sidekick himself, of course.

I am so glad to have another holiday season with my husband. He may be a bit of a Grinch when it comes to some of my silly traditions but, he plays along and I love him all the more for it. 

Sidekick was thrilled with his lollies after visiting with Santa. He (Santa) sat so patiently while my sweet child explained the world of Mario to him. Bless those who have the patience to handle my kid's obsession. Haha! 


It fills my heart to the brim that my little is big enough to help with one of my favorite Christmas traditions: Christmas candy! We made six jars for friends but the joy of baking with him is worth more than anything else. 

It's not always easy, as he tends to show his age during his karate lessons (bouncy, unfocused, inquisitive) but, he managed to earn his yellow belt and is intent of proving he is worthy of it!

 Oh, robotics. How this momma doesn't understand you. 
Oh, robotics. How my little boy adores you.

 Here, he is changing the colors by twisting (technical term) tiny knobs to filter the red, green, and blue lights. In other words, he made Christmas lights!


So there you have it, friends! 
He continues to work hard with his school; he has passed his school tests with flying colors; he becomes a stronger reader, daily; his handwriting is vastly improved from August and he is adding, subtracting, and estimating. I am so proud of all he has done this year and I cannot wait to see what next year holds for my boy. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 

*we shall return in 2017 with more adventures and fun*

No comments:

Post a Comment