Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Week Four: Hands On

What was on my mind as I was walking that wire? I was thinking, if I can do this… then I have two ways to cross the yard.
Phil Dunphy (Modern Family)
 
     This week we did more hands-on activities and we had a blast! He loves to do anything hands-on and I think he learns a lot more by doing it himself.
 
Here's an eye-full of our hands-on week:
 
We talked about "dirty" and "clean". We put a little toothpaste on our toothbrush and "cleaned" our egg.
{He then tried to brush our black labs so they could be clean too. Sigh, this kid!}


We made number cookies! We had a lot of fun rolling out the dough, smushing the cookie cutters into the dough, adding the right number of chips (which included eating twice as many), and then patiently waiting for them to bake and cool.

"I " is for ice! (We used coarse salt and the shaker was the most fun part!)


The sidekick was really into helping with chores this week.


Pattern fun! This is a great investment and we had a lot of fun!
Matching colors, shapes, practicing shape names, all good things!
"p" is for Pancakes on a Pink Plate with Purple Paper. Phew!
He even colored on the butter and syrup.

And they were delicious!

Things we learned this week:
Getting to eat our lessons is the best idea ever! It makes me happy that we can have fun in the kitchen together since it's one of my favorite places. I took time this week to step back and do things at his pace and we seemed to get through a lot more and he seemed to learn more as well.
 
Lesson learned, sidekick. :)
 
Where some of our ideas came from:
 

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a great week and your cookies look absolutely delicious! We have the same set of pattern blocks and we LOVE them! In fact we were just building rockets with them this morning.

    ReplyDelete