Monday, September 8, 2014

Year Two: Week One: A New Start

"You know more of a road by having travelled it then by all the conjectures and descriptions in the world."
~On The Conduct of Life (1822)

Year Two is underway! My goals for my sidekick this year are: work on his handwriting, learn to read (or the beginnings of it), start on some basic math, following directions, and using his imagination. As always, I want this to be fun for him. I want us both to enjoy schooling and this time together.

Here's some of what we've done in the past two weeks:


 {my drawing...don't judge!}

  I have found some new dry-erase workbooks. They are fantastic! It will give me the chance to see how well he is doing now and see how far he's come later in the year. 


 We've started journaling! I'm really excited about this one too. Some days, I have a plan of what I want us to draw and imagine. Other days, we just paint and imagine whatever we want! It's been fun so far.

New year so that means, new playdough!

Part of our journals will include practicing our letters, shapes, numbers, and writing his name. 

We traveled a lot in Italy and now we have lots of new places to explore! Last week was our first field trip. We went to our local museum of Natural History. It was such a fun day!

 

My sidekick is getting so big! We got him a new bike (with a new helmet that he picked out himself!), soccer is beginning, and new friends to play with. It's a good time to be a sidekick!

 
One of the best parts of home is FOOTBALL! He got to experience the magic of Owen Field for the very first time. It was a h.o.t. day but I think he enjoyed it. A Sooner fan born and bred! That's our kid! Boomer!

It's been a fun start! I can't wait to continue with this year. I have some fun stuff planned that I am excited to share with you. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment