Friday, October 3, 2014

Year Two: Week Three: Out Of This World!

"When you’re finally up on the moon, looking back at the earth, all these differences and nationalistic traits are pretty well going to blend and you’re going to get a concept that maybe this is really one world and why the hell can’t we learn to live together like decent people?"
~Frank Borman
 
 
Hi all! My computer got sick this weekend so I had to delay my writings for a few days! Now we are about through another week of fun but let me catch you up on last week first!
 
This part actually has to do with the week before last. It was a little project from our Pets week that we just couldn't find the time to do. PUP TREATS!
 
 
 I can't for the life of me find the link to the recipe I used! UGH! It's on Pinterest....somewhere. I'll update when I find it. Or you can "hound me" (see what I did there? Haha!) if you would like it more urgently. They were super easy for the sidekick to make (mostly) himself.
 
 
 
He enjoyed the baking process but definitely loved giving the pups their new treats. They really liked them too!
 
Now to SPACE WEEK!
 
 
 
We made a mobile of the solar system. We painted our planets, let them dry, then hung them and explored them! By the end of the week, my little sidekick could find Earth and the sun. Those seem to be the most important, for now, so I happily settled with that.
 
 
 I made dot-to-dot pictures of easy constellations. Then I had him fill them in and we put star stickers on them.
 
 
 
 
  Easy-peasy. We talked about how these are "pictures" in the sky. He didn't quite understand when I tried to show him the real thing but we made wishes on the first stars of the evening and then went back to running around the yard as night fell over us.
 
  
 We (well, mostly me) made a rocket ship! This was a fun idea I had and, magically, found what I needed around the house (Thanks Mimi!). So I went to work and surprised my sidekick. It has a door, windows, and a "mast!", to quote the kid. Ha! He's cute.
 
 
 
 
 
The end of our week consisted of a neighborhood Fall Festival. There was a bouncy house (first experience of that for the sidekick. He loved it!), good food, sno-cones (another first!) and even a carriage ride home! Sidekick got to help steer us home. Although he didn't want to thank the horse (he was quite large), we all enjoyed the ride.
 
 
Come back soon! We already have another week almost behind us. Time seems to be flying by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment