Thursday, October 24, 2013

Lesson Eight: When Mommies Get Sick

You are disoriented. Blackness swims toward you like a school of eels who have just seen something that eels like a lot.
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy text adventure game (1985)
 
     Yep. This momma is sick. Annoying runny nose, irritating scratchy throat, dizzy-inducing fever, and of course a sidekick who doesn't understand these symptoms and just continues on with me slowly following along behind him. Gotta love him.
     Needless to say, this it why this week's writings are a bit late. That and our crappy Italian internet. I don't know what we'll do with ourselves when we are back in the land of 3G/4G or whatever the kids are calling it now. But, I digress.
     I've been such a slacker these past couple of days. Mostly, because I'm trying not to touch anything that anyone else will touch closely after me. Which is hard when you have a toddler who invades your space constantly. My amazing husband, graciously, takes over in the evenings. He'll make dinner, make his own lunch for the next day, and allow me to sit and rest. Yep, gotta love than man.
     I try to keep up with the most essential house chores. Keeping the kid alive, feeding said kid, dishes, laundry (if really needed). Anything past those though...I'm out. I'll catch up next week.
     It's nice to take a break but I feel like I'm just leaving a trail of sickness behind me. I'm not really, since I sanitize rooms as I leave them. Haha! I don't want my boys getting sick. I'm miserable enough. I don't need to get better and then deal with their moaning and over-exaggerations of pain. They don't do "sick" very well. No man does!
 
     As for schooling, we've taken a week off. I'll work this missing week back in towards Christmas when my planning starts to get sparse. Next week is birthday week, so I'm really trying to recover before then so we can have lots of fun. My sidekick will be THREE! I don't know how I feel about this. I guess I better think on that.
     Ok, back to the couch I go. Until next week, friends! Hopefully, I'm not so disoriented and can complete my thoughts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment